Pregnancy can be the most magical and spectacular time of a woman´s life but it can also be very challenging. Whether you have practised yoga for years or never done yoga before, you will discover that yoga is a valuable asset during pregnancy.
Practising yoga during pregnancy:
- Brings a calm strength and inner balance that helps overcome obstacles and challenges ahead;
- Helps improve your energy level and allows you to become more in tune or intimate with your body;
- Prepares you physically as well as mentally for giving birth. It balances mind and body making it ready for pregnancy and childbirth;
- Keeps the body supple without straining;
- Helps relieve stress and anxiety;
- Can help you to relax and promote restful sleep;
- Practising yoga during pregnancy can ease the process of giving birth. It can help you deal with pain in labour and childbirth;
- Can relieve common minor ailments during pregnancy
(e.g. swollen joints, heartburn, constipation, water retention);
- Can help the expectant mother to bond with the unborn baby through breathing and visualisation techniques.
The classes are small and intimate offering you a soothing and relaxed environment in which to have some ‘you and baby time’. Classes also offer the opportunity to meet other mums-to-be in the same area. Not only will you feel all of the benefits mentioned above but you will also meet some truly lovely people.
When can I start?
All pregnancy yoga students are welcome to attend the classes from 14 weeks onwards, once the placenta is fully functioning. It's never too late to start, even if you are within your last few
weeks you will still experience a great benefit. It is advisable to let your midwife know that you are starting the classes.
Thank you to the beautiful ladies in the Thursday class for letting me use your pictures x