There are two classes per week. Please see below for course days and times. If you would like a space booking in advance is advised as spaces are limited.
The courses run as a block of 5 or 6 weeks depending on term dates. There is always a birth lesson on the final date where we will cover birthing positions, breathing techniques etc. There
are 10 spaces available per class.
Pregnancy Yoga courses run:
6.30 - 8
6.30 - 8
The classes run as block. The course runs school termtime only. Each class cost £8 per week.
For information on when the next course starts or if there is any space in the current course, please contact me and I will be happy to help :)
No previous yoga experience necessary.
The aim of the class is to help you keep well and mobile during pregnancy. We will participate in physical activity, breathing techniques and relaxation, but most importantly time for you and your
All of the basic materials, mats, bolsters, blankets, cushions and blocks are provided, but if there is anything else that you would like to bring to make yourself more comfortable (extra
cushions, your own mat etc), please do so.
The practices and postures aim to:
- Encourage a calm strength and inner balance that help overcome obstacles and challenges ahead.
- Prepare you physically as well as mentally for giving birth.
- Pregnancy Yoga balances mind and body making it ready for pregnancy and childbirth.
- Keep the body supple without straining.
- Help relieve common minor ailments during pregnancy (e.g. swollen joints, heartburn, constipation, water retention).
- Increasing energy - helps improve your energy levels and allows you to become more in tune or intimate with your body.
- Nurturing - helps you to bond with your unborn baby through breathing and visualisation techniques. Gives you some ‘you’ time away from life’s hustle and bustle.
- Strengthens and tones - helps to strengthen and tone your abdominal muscles, spine, back and pelvic muscles. Brings awareness and strength to your feet (which will carry you throughout).
- Posture - brings awareness of your posture and centre of gravity.
- Breathing - encourages conscious attention of the natural movement of your breath. This is often seen as the single most useful practise at any time but especially during
- Relaxation - Helps you to relax during your pregnancy and between contractions and to promote restful sleep. To help relieve stress and anxiety
- De-stressing and releasing - affects pelvic floor, relaxation and emotions. It allows your emotions to be at ease, it’s absolutely fine to feel emotional; everyone in the class is in the same
situation. The class allow you to feel relaxed, to open up and share whenever the feeling takes you, nothing you say will leave the class. If you ever need to discuss anything individually or give me
feedback, please let me know and I will ensure that you will have the time for this.
- Finally…..ENJOY :)
Thank you to Jess for being such a willing model x